Saturday, October 3, 2009

A seat above the rest

So, one of the first few ideas I had when I first started considering the idea of a renewal of vows/re-wedding was about the seating. Kyle and I are very introverted so we don't have many close friends...or family for that matter... that we would be inviting so I had this image of something a little more.... warm. Intimate. Personal. Whereas most ceremony seating looks like this:I had the thought that if we did it outside (most likely option...) than I thought it would be cool to have rows of victorian styled couches/chairs/etc... all mix matched and different but relatively same in color trend. We would want jewel tones, sapphire blues, emerald/kelley greens, Orange, Red, yellow, etc... Here are some of the awesome pictures I've found to give you an idea:




























I figured since we wouldn't have THAT many people come, this could be a nice, intimate alternative. I love victorian furniture so I'd like to invest some money into some pieces as it is. Usually though these pieces can be VERY expensive although I've found a piece or two here and there at thrift stores and antique shops that are actually decently priced. I guess the trick to this would be buy a piece here and there when you find it so that when the time actually comes, I've got a decent stock pile of pretty neat pieces.

But, since right now I'm just thinking IDEALLY what I'd want...victorian furniture-outdoors- is it.. Since it'd be fall I figured I could have a colorful throw blanket here and there too on the couches... fall in Syracuse can be shaky...

Just another idea...trust me, I'm full of them. :)

No comments: