Friday, October 2, 2009

Unusual Wedding Frockage

Alright, as I've been on my search for a wedding dress, I've discovered it's basically impossible to find a wedding dress that isn't white, eggshell, cream, ivory or some variation of said "colors". There are quite a few red dresses but red is not ideal for me. I found a few dresses along the way that I like. Some that I like are here: (most are red, as I said... but try thinking of a different color...)

I don't particularly like this dress but I like the color, the orangish metallic is nice. And different.


I searched everywhere for a frontal photo of this dress but couldn't find it. I think this is so whispy and cool!

The top and bottom seem very off balance but I like the crinkle pick-ups!

Throughout my search I found a lot of crazy dresses... here are some crazy ones, but ones I liked enough to share (not necessarily wedding inspiration but cool none the less...):


I LOVE this next dress! It feels sort of scottish without being horrible traditional. I love it.



Does anyone know any good sites to find off the beaten path wedding gowns? It seems that if you want a colored gown, you get stuck with bad prom/bridesmaid dresses.


I'm determined to find something AHmazhing.

1 comment:

Natasha Wheatley said...

I would go to a local boutique store. They often can lead you in the right direction if they don't have anything in the store that interests you. You could also sit down with a dressmaker. I almost did it, but it would have taken too long. Etsy has some really cool ideas. You can just pick a style and just ask the dressmaker to do it in the color you want.