Lots has been going on. We're finally done painting the livingroom and it looks FANTASTIC. Lots of hard work though. We've moved onto the bedroom and it's coming along fine. I have to do another coat on 2 walls and finish up the trim and we'll be good to go in there. I'm worried about the kitchen and the wallpaper, but we'll see what happens. I'll be very excited to be done painting. I'm very excited to put up our Christmas tree but with the chaos in the house right now from painting, there is no way I'm digging it out. I'll just leave it up longer to make up for not having it out right now. :)

Well, to explain the title a little bit, I have a new adventure i'm starting out on. Shine magazine. It will be nationally distributed in the summer of '09 and it's on a volunteer basis so even though I won't make any money, my mind will be stimulated and I can gain tons of experience. Shine magazine is for the modern day Christian girl who loves fashion/music/culture/faith. It's a really good thing and I think this sort of magazine is needed amidst all the crap out there on our store shelves. I originally went to the meeting planning on being the fashion contributor but as soon as I walked in the CEO asked me if I ever modeled. I told her I use to be a model when I was back home in New York and she was psyched. She asked if I would model for them in addition to being the fashion contributor. I agreed and I think it will be a lot of fun. It's a non profit magazine and all the proceeds raised from it will go to charities and things of that nature. Right now I'm playing around with some layouts and page spreads in order to come up with something to show the CEO to see what she thinks and to see if I'd be a good fit. They are aware that I have NO experience with layouts and things of that nature but I have a good eye for fashion and I'm sure I can work through it and be successful.
In other news, we purchased a new livingroom set that has arrived and that we are loving. We will take pictures as soon as there isn't crap in the livingroom from us clearing out the bedroom to paint it. I went to the doctors for a pap, pee test, and breast exam. The results came back and everything was fine except for my pee. Of course. I have another UTI. The doc put me on the same medication he gave me last time but gave me more pills to take for an extended period of time so hopefully it will work. He also gave me birth control. This is the first time I've ever been on birth control in my life and i'm hoping that it will help in figuring out whats going on with me. Doc said next time I go in (Jan. 5th) if they test and I still have a UTI he is going to send me to a urinalysis to try to figure out why I always have one. He also said that after I've been on the birth control for a month or so if it doesn't help with my symptoms he'll send me to an GYN. He said it's very possible that the problems i've been having are from two seperate issues instead of just 1. So, I'm hopeful that we'll figure out what's going on.
I need to go eat lunch and get back to painting. Thanks for reading, those of you who do.




5 comments:
I read your blog! And your sisters too! I just only get around to it about once a week, but now that I'm on maternity leave it might be more frequent. I just never have anything to say, or I feel like whatever I do have to say is stupid so I just keep it to myself. Sorry to hear that you're sick. I had quite an experience with frequent UTIs and they determined it was because of a bad kidney. Hopefully everything will settle down for you. Congrats on new furniture!
I seriously live with UTI's. Not like, I get one every 2 months or whatever, but I CONSTANTLY have one. Even after i've taken medication for it. It makes no sense. ANYWAY- Hopefully you will get lots of rest and lots of time to prepare for your little girl while on maternity leave. Sorry my baby shower gift didn't get to you in time. I sent it to my sister because I thought she was going to go to your babyshower, that way she could just take it with her. If i'd have known I would have just sent it to your house instead. Oh well. I hear Houston got snow, did you get to enjoy it?
I look at your blog. I'm sorry to hear about the UTI. I have also been battling them for about 6 years and have one currently. I finish antibiotics tomorrow and it still hurts. I always get one after delivery and it usually take months to cure it or I get a kidney infection. I have never been to a specialist, but that will probably been my next step. I have tried taking the low dose antibiotic, it kind of worked. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Our blog is:
http://www.hanceyfam.blogspot.com/
HAHA I read your blog too! :) Good luck with the doctors! I hope they can figure out whats up! Glad things are going well for you guys though!
Same thing. They'd check for a UTI and I'd have one and wouldn't know it. I'd feel no symptoms and assumed that everyone got up 5 times to go to the bathroom every night and have to pee every hour. It took them almost 6 months of testing to figure things out, and they still don't even know if thats really the case. Don't worry about baby stuff. You guys didn't even need to get me anything! I'm so bummed that I missed your sister. Andy got mad at me and told me that we should have just gone over and bugged her for 20 mins at least. So now I feel guilty for not doing it! We did get snow the other night! It was amazing. A Christmas miracle. We seriously called/texted everyone in our family. It really felt like it was the holidays for once. Palm trees with Christmas lights don't do it for me.
Post a Comment