...Alright, I'm aware that I'm always telling everyone how much they just don't understand about my yard and the size of it compared to the size of our push mower. I took a bunch of pictures from all different angles in hopes that you guys could get a sense for it. So, here goes....
The first few are obviously not of our yard. There is one that is looking into our cul de sac and our mailbox and stuff like that. Not to mention the dear sweet push mower that is somehow still running. Please keep at eye out in the photos that i took from the back of our yard facing the house..... see if you can spot the mower..... and how insignificant it looks compared to the yard.




Also, while mowing the yard, I almost killed this little fella! Who would have thought that I'd have freaking frogs in my yard?! Not me.

















4 comments:
Awwww Harley! That back yard is so sick. You TOTALLY should prep it for gardening! You could grow pretty much all of your own veggies, and a few fruits only taking up a teensy section of that beastly yard you've got.
You totally need a ride on lawn mower.
Yeah, I know. I procrastinated this spring when we got here because there was so much else to do within the house that doing anything with the yard just seemed silly, but today I went out and bought a mini shovel and some of that gardening fabric that keeps the weeds and stuff out and i'm going to attempt to plant some stuff even though it's so late in the season. I've never been the one to go with the flow, so why should I plant seeds when they say I should? Lmfao. We'll see what happens.
I've been wanting to do this thought with the backyard..... get like a ton of cinderblocks or bricks or whatever and dig out a section of the yard and lay them in the ground so they're relatively flush with the ground and use it as like a patio.... because out deck is not big enough for any furniture. You'd think with such a huge yard, they wouldn't have skimped on the deck.
It's funny you mention that, because I noticed that about the house too! When we come down this winter you could always talk Bill into building onto the existing deck to make it across the entire backyard.
Lmfao, I don't care that much about this place. The deck is shit.... like all the wood is like so gross and if anything happened with the deck it would just need to be torn down and totally replaced... which in that case i'd rather just dig up part of the yard and put in some bricks. It seems easier. And less permanent. If the next tenants decided they didn't like it, they could always pull them up and put in some fill dirt.
I put a post on craigslist for cinderblocks/bricks and landscaping stones, so if i can get them for free.... then hey, why not?
...and i don't want to put poor bill to work while on vaca.
Post a Comment