Well, after finally getting the recipe from my parents, Kyle and I tried our hands at making apple fritters this weekend. Seeing as how we no longer live in New York, a quick trip to the apple farms is out of the questions, so we must bring the fritters to ourselves. At first I was VERY skeptical. We couldn't find an apple corer anywhere. I found one of those things that cores and slices the apple at one time, but no plain apple corer. I was nervous as to how they would turn out do to the lack of this utensil. Kyle peeled the apples and attempted to cut them while I prepared the batter and from his side of the kitchen, I heared him say "ugh. maybe you'd better just do this." When I went over to see what was going on, I realized that trying to core the apples ourselves was going to be pretty much impossible. I tried doing it and I got a few good slices but then we just decided to make bite size fritters. There wasn't much else we could do. And I must say, they turned out WONDERFUL! Kyle took the first bite, and when I took a bite after him I muttered that I was surprised that I was capable of making something so delicious.
Soooo,.... Enjoy these photos of our fritter making process!







2 comments:
YAY For apple fritters!
God how I love fritters!!! Fortunately, we can still get them at the orchards and save all the work of making them ourselves! :-) They look delicious though, and now I may just have to go and get some soon...thanks a lot!
Post a Comment